Friday, 29 April 2011

A subversive creature

an animal caught in the act of attempting to undermine the public sense of reality

This drawing is an old one from the 19 February 1987 issue of In Dublin magazine, “An animal caught in the act of attempting to undermine the public sense of reality.”

In the news today, and somehow related in my mind, Royalist forces arrest zombie revolutionaries in Brockley, London. Francis Sedgemore has more links.

James Bloodworth pulls Thomas Paine down from the shelf, while Chris Dillow argues it could be worse. Myself, I find it worrying when adults act like Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy are real, and then can’t take a joke from zombies.

2 comments:

jams o donnell said...

Agreed Kellie. Some people do not have a sense of humour. On my part I hoped to avoid the Royal Wedding only to end up at a place where there was a street party....

I love the cartoon

kellie said...

Nor any sense of their own absurdity!

I've linked to it before, but Ladislaw Starewicz's film, The Frogs Who Wanted A King, is still well worth watching.