Wednesday, 28 December 2011

The time I drew an Aliens comic


Well, not a whole comic, just one page. The publisher had a notion to do a story where each page was drawn by a different artist. What larks, I thought, a chance to have some fun! Not as much fun as I thought though, and following their patient requests I had to relent and re-draw the above panel with no cannon, no baseball bat, no mummification, and no acrobatic attack formation. Oh well.

Due credit to the editors, they did print the original version in a ‘making of’ section at the back of the issue.

Aliens TM & © Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation.

5 comments:

jams o donnell said...

It's a shame that the page got cut from the main narrative.

One whiff of grapeshot and the aliens would have been running for their mums!

kellie said...

Once I start thinking along these lines, I want to go much farther. Now this looks too mild to me.

jams o donnell said...

I can imagine!

Roland Dodds said...

Great work Kellie, an image worth admiring!

kellie said...

Thanks Roland, and happy new year to you. I hope you're keeping well. You might like this on Mark Mayerson's animation blog, a diversion from his usual fare.