Sunday, 5 April 2009

Easter holidays


We’re off tomorrow. A good thing, as a weary sadness crept upon me today. We’ll miss the seder with the in-laws, but I’ve had enough gruesome talk from Peggy of all she’s heard at school about the crucifixion, and I’ll happily do without the killing of the first born on top. She’s only just turned five!

Peggy earlier today: “Papa, why did God let Jesus die on the cross?”
Me: “I don’t know, it’s just a story.”
Her big brother Bo, eight years old now: “You know Peggy, not everyone believes it, and one who doesn’t is that fellow there!”

The image is from a baby book published by Sandvik in 2007.

Elsewhere: Getting away from people, R. Crumb’s forest sketches at Uncle Eddie’s Theory Corner.

3 comments:

Coop said...

Hi Kellie, I really like your work and hope that this interests you.

I am attempting to amass a large collection of portraits of Frankenstein's Monster in as many different styles and in as many different media as possible as an ongoing art project. The only stipulation is that the size is 2.5 inches by 3.5 inches (standard artist trading card size) and that each card has name, date, title and anything else you care to add on the back.

I welcome cards from both amateur and professional artists.

I will be leaving blank cards with instructions and mailing address in galleries, colleges, art shops, on buses, handing them out in the street and wherever else I can think of.

If you think you can spare the time to produce a little something, please send a portrait to:

A Patchwork Of Flesh
45 Silversea Drive
Westcliff on Sea
Essex
SS0 9XD
United Kingdom

Each card I receive will be uploaded at http://apatchworkofflesh.blogspot.com/ to produce an on-line gallery, I then hope to put on an exhibition of these cards in a gallery.

TNC said...

Wishing you a nice holiday.

--TNC

kellie said...

Hi Coop, I thought for a minute you were the other fella. I've a Frankenstein here if it's of any use to you.

Hi TNC, it was a great holiday thanks, though Majorca is not the place to get away from religious hullaballoo this time of year. Here's a Quicktime video Bo filmed of the Sóller Brotherhood of the Sacred Heart in their best frocks out making a ruckus on Holy Thursday. I hope you and yours had a good break.