Sunday, 30 August 2009

In an hour or so

virgil partch vip
Another Virgil Partch drawing, via Hairy Green Eyeball, and another song from John Dog:
in an hour or so
the lies that I’m living
and the cares of the day
won’t bother me so
they say it’s a sin
but I will forgive them
yeah the beer will kick in
in an hour or so.

in an hour or so
my smile will come easy
all the folks will be dancing
and I might have a go
this bar dark and dim 
will be bright and breezy
yeah the beer will kick in
in an hour or so

and I won’t even hate you
I might even miss you some
but just because I have forgotten
not forgiven what you have done

in an hour or so
this everyday hurting
these dullest of blues
will just get up and go
there’s not much in the world
you can say for certain
but the beer will kick in
in an hour or so
Listen here.

Lyrics copyright © John Dog.

Art from Bottle Fatigue by Virgil Partch, published and copyright © 1950 by Duell, Sloan and Pearce.

No comments: