
On Trafalgar Square looking west along Cockspur Street with Canada House on the right, late yesterday afternoon.
The colours looked nothing like this in reality. I’d prepared the paper with a coat of deep magenta and acrylic medium before leaving the house. I’d intended to then cover the magenta a bit more in painting the scene, but I ran out of time.
Bob from Brockley has a couple of posts up about an event in Trafalgar Square this monday, the May Bank Holiday. He writes:
Strangers into Citizens are holding a big Justice for Migrants rally in Trafalgar Square (Asian Dub Foundation will be playing at the rally). SiC is campaigning for a ‘one-off regularisation’ (or ‘amnesty’) for long-term migrants.
More details in his later post, or at Strangers into Citizens.
And for the day that’s in it, Terry Glavin writes from Canada on May Day.







5 comments:
Wow that is a superb painting. I love it
thanks jams. not sure about it myself. there's a little bit of the building just over the bus that i like, that and the green-grey splodge on the pavement.
Resonances of Topolski, only better.
It's amazing how much a tiny bit of photoshop tweaking can improve on a paint-smeared scmutter.
schmutter i mean - typing and running off now, kids to music, drama, birthday parties, oh it's nice to relax on the weekend.
Post a Comment